We are pleased to offer FREE delivery on orders of £30 and over to most UK mainland addresses.
(Below that order value it's currently a very reasonable £3.50 charge for almost all items).
There is a small, extra delivery charge for the Highlands & Islands and some other areas of the UK, depending on post code - please see below. *
We are currently unable to offer an international order/delivery service. Delivery to BFPO usually counts as UK mainland, though (and some BFPO locations are also VAT-exempt).
- Orders received by us before 12 Noon are sent by Royal Mail First Class Post or via our courier - depending on their size, weight, value and destination.
- Orders received by us from Monday to Noon on Friday are usually delivered the next working day (working days are defined as Monday to Friday, inclusive).
- Orders received by us from Friday afternoon to Noon on Monday are generally delivered on Tuesday.
- Please note: We usually contact you personally to clarify delivery instructions for larger / more expensive items. This can add a short delay in despatching your order.
- For Click & Collect: Please bring order conformation, the card used for purchase and photo ID to collect your order from our Keswick store during normal opening hours. Please allow 2 working days.
Items will usually be delivered within normal working hours (i.e. - Mon - Fri, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm) and may require a signature, depending on their value, etc. Please think about this when ordering and remember that you can also have items delivered to a friend or relative or to your place of work, for example. If there is no one in to receive your parcel, posted items that are too large for a letterbox will be held at your local Royal Mail sorting office and a card left informing you of this.
Our courier will often try one of your neighbours - please let us know if this is not acceptable or is there is a specific neighbour that you'd like them to try. You may prefer your parcel to be left in your 'safe place' (e.g. - porch, shed, garage, etc). This is possible to arrange in advance with our courier but is, of course, always at your own risk.
In any case, please give us instructions (e.g. - your 'safe place' to leave parcels, neighbours to try, local shop, etc.) in the notes box when placing your order. Unfortunately (due to the risk of fraud) you can no longer simply leave a note on your door for the courier giving an alternative delivery point on the day.
We may need to contact you to clarify delivery instructions and this could add a delay in despatching your order. Please ensure that someone will be in to sign for your parcel - we may have to pass on the cost of a redelivery charge from our courier. This information must be supplied to us in advance, for us to instruct our couriers. Please enter it in the 'Delivery Notes' section online when placing your order - thank you.
If an item is temporarily out of stock we will notify you as soon as we receive your order and give you as much information about delivery dates as we can. We reserve the right to supply products directly from our suppliers. We may offer you an alternative but we will not normally substitute items without asking you.
* There is a small additional charge for deliveries to several UK post code areas including the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and BFPO. You should see the cost added to your basket automatically when you place your order. If we don't incur any extra cost (e.g. - when sending smaller or very light items) then we will not charge you extra. Wherever you live in the UK, if you forget to tick the box for additional postage when ordering larger or heavier items we will contact you before shipping, if necessary.
Where’s my Order?
To ask about the progress of your order please contact us or call Customer Services on 017687 71801 (Mon - Fri, 9 am to 5.30 pm).
International Orders and Post Office Boxes
We regret that we are unable to offer an international order/delivery service currently. Please note that we cannot deliver to P.O. Box numbers.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for details of your order cancellation rights. When returning items to us it is your responsibility to ensure that the items arrive safely. We cannot accept any responsibility for items lost in the post. Please include our returns form or a covering note to say why you are returning each item. We would always recommend using a Signed-for or Special Delivery service or a courier, so that you are covered in the event of a missing parcel.
- Please note that, for hygiene reasons, we do not accept returns or exchanges of underwear unless items are unopened in their original packaging, or faulty.
- Please check sizing requirements very carefully before purchasing underwear!
- Please also note that the 'Comfort Fit Guarantee' provided by our Boot Room fitting service does not extend to footwear bought by mail order or online.
Goods should be returned to:
2 Borrowdale Road
If an item is damaged on delivery to you, you should not sign for or accept the item and the courier will return it to us. If you have signed for an item and then later realise that it has been damaged, you should return the item according to the guidelines laid out below. Items should be packaged securely before sending and any damage should be indicated clearly. George Fisher will refund any delivery costs, along with the cost of damaged goods, for items which are not being replaced. We will send replacement items to you at no extra charge.
If you are concerned that a product we have supplied may be faulty (not fit for purpose) and wish to return it to us for assessment please follow the guidelines below:
- Any goods returned for assessment should be in a clean and dry condition. If this is not possible soiled goods may be subject to delays in processing for cleaning.
- Please include your name and contact details, the order number and the date of purchase. This will allow us to refund you correctly.
- Full details of the perceived fault should be given in a brief letter and the goods returned to the George Fisher address.
- Please note that an investigation into perceived faulty goods may take time to complete, however we will endeavour to process all investigations to a reasonable timescale.
- If the goods are found to have a fault George Fisher will repair, replace or refund the goods (at the sole discretion of George Fisher).
- If the goods are found to not be faulty, the goods will be returned to you. George Fisher, subject to the UK Statutory Right of Cancellation, reserves the right to charge you for the costs incurred in dealing with goods that are found not to be faulty.
Incorrect items ordered
If you have ordered the wrong item or incorrect size, you can return it to us at George Fisher. Please enclose a letter including your name, contact details, order number and the date of purchase. The amount of your refund will take account of the rights of cancellation and the Sale of Goods Act. You are liable for the cost of returning goods to us, except by prior arrangement with George Fisher. If you would like a replacement item to be sent to you, you may be charged again for delivery.
Incorrect items sent
If we have sent you an incorrect item, please return it to us and enclose (or scan and email to us) the receipt for your postage costs. George Fisher will refund reasonable postal charges that you incur sending incorrect items back to us, and will refund or replace the goods.
If you have been sent a damaged or incorrect item, we will send you a replacement item of the same value at no extra cost. If you do not want a replacement item for damaged goods or items sent incorrectly, or if there is not an appropriate replacement available, you will be given a full refund, including the delivery charges.
Last Posting Dates
When you are shopping online with us, please be aware of our last posting dates, which are:
Thursday 20th December 12 noon for online orders under £90 - Using the Royal Mail 1st class post, and 1st class signed for service. This is not guaranteed next day. Please contact us to upgrade to next day services.
Thursday 20th December 12 noon for orders over £90 - Using APC (Hart Distribution) should be next day.
Please contact us to discuss your delivery options and pricing.
During our sale period, all staff are on the shop floor, if you place an order online on December 24/25/26/27 we will do our best to get it to you for December 31st.