Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge?
Since 1957 George Fisher in Keswick has been the go to Outdoor Shop in the Lake District. A lot of our staff are both avid outdoor lovers and long term dedicated employees. We are very proud of both our heritage and our staff and this is a unique opportunity for the right person to join us.
We are looking for a Store Manager to report to our General Manager and we are ready for you now. We need someone with a passion for the outdoors and the ability to lead and motivate a team of like-minded others. We would like you to possess a good knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment, a customer service background and proven sales skills.
This is also a fantastic chance to work in an area of the country that really suits all of the products we sell. The Lake District is an Adventure playground for the Outdoor Enthusiast and has just recently achieved UNESCO World Heritage status in recognition of this.
You must be a team player who leads by example with an ability to motivate and communicate your knowledge to those around you.
In return we offer you full training with the opportunity to get involved with product testing and staff adventures into our backyard. You’ll receive a competitive rate of pay, staff discount and flexible working opportunities along with good career development and the industry recognition that comes from working with one of the leading Outdoor Retailers.
As Store Manager you will be responsible for helping the General Manager to continue to build and develop the best team of staff experts. You must have good people skills and be able to make quick positive decisions. The Store Manager must be focused on delivering exceptional customer service, driving sales and ensuring the on-going stella reputation that George Fisher UK has developed since 1957 in a very competitive Outdoor Retail environment.
Your Main Focus once you get the job:
• Passionately and effectively manage the George Fisher store in Keswick
• Ensuring your team provide exceptional customer service to everyone
• Be responsible for achieving budgeted revenue goals, inspiring the store sales team, visual merchandising and much more
What you need to apply:
• Two to five years’ experience in retail store management
• Strong initiative and leadership skills
• Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies
• Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
• Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff
• Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
• Budget management experience
• Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margin, markdowns, KPI’s, P&L’s)
• Excel & Word efficient
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written
• A passion for outdoor activities
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and a covering letter letting us know why you think you would be suitable for the role to our General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always happy to hear from people with a passion for the outdoors and great interpersonal skills who are looking to work with us - in the George Fisher store, or Abraham's Cafe. Please send us your CV with a covering letter to George@georgefisher.co.uk.